Tuesday, March 17, 2009

25 Random things about me!

1. When I coached a high school basketball team we would have our "Random Fact Time." In the middle of practice I would give the girls a break and provide random facts. We covered things from AIDS, millions of dollars the state of Texas pays to pick up trash from the side of the road every year, Native Americans, and the list goes on. 

2. Growing up I missed out on movies most Americans watched, I still have not seen E.T., Alice in Wonderland, Bambi, The Wizard of Oz, Snow White....

3. I love applying eye make-up, I noticed that when I do it I get really hyper, don't know why.

4. My parents say I cried non-stop from when I was born, until I was about 4 years old. 

5. I grew up with my parents speaking only Spanish, and my older sisters speaking only English. Mom said it took a long time before I spoke (my first words were in Spanish), then all of a sudden on our way back from Mexico she heard me speaking in full English sentences, she was surprised! 

6. I LOVE Baseball!!

7. I have a torn ACL in my left knee.

8. My "Heaven on Earth" is at the waterfalls 15 minutes down the road from my grandparents ranch in Veracruz Mexico.

9. I worked with Indigenous people and long for being among them again. I was constantly encouraged by their smiles, hard work, and joy in the midst of their hard lives.

10. I used to bite my nails and thought I would for the rest of my life, after living in Mexico and not ever wanting to put my hands in my mouth, I was able to break the habit!!

11. My front left tooth (#9) is a crown, when I was 12 my brother hit a line drive to my mouth while playing baseball and broke it. 

12. I hope to one day have the time to sit down and work on the potters wheel again, I love and miss sculpting clay. 

13. I don't drink sodas

14. I don't like the way gold looks on me.

15. I was 19 years old the first time I played in snow.

16. I hope to vacation in Spain someday. 

17. I had to go to Speech therapy when I was in 1st grade.

18. A few days before meeting Caleb I had written "My prince charming" on a want list at work, little did I know. 

19. I believe my mom is one of the best cooks on EARTH!

20. I can make 10 free throws in a row. When I'm stressed or worried nothing clears my mind like shooting free throws. 

21. I love cherry sours, but I only eat the out side candy shell, I actually hate the jelly bean inside so I spit it out. 

22. I don't have a middle name.

23. I'm currently taking a badminton class and I'm surprised I LOVE IT!

24. Growing up my dad always played the guitar and sang, I used to get tired of it, now I miss it. 

25. I envy simplicity

4 comments:

  1. You've been selected as having one of the Best Random Things on the web. No kidding!

    Check out BestRandomThings.com to see your Thing and many others.

    Thingmeister Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I had the opportunity to experience indigenous people of Central America when I was in Guatemala. They are the reason I love Patzite.
    I also was in speech therapy in 2st grade---i was dismissed in 3rd grade. The reason for my occupation!
    It's nice getting to know you! can't wait for more oppurtunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your "wish list" item was filled so quickly! We've been waiting and praying for you to find Caleb for a long, long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!I am so extremely excited for the two of you!!!

    ReplyDelete